Web Design and Development Agency in BhiwaniFebruary 18, 2017
Keyword research or Keyword Planning is a major part of SEO and Adwords or PPC. To do a better keyword research we use Google Keyword Planner for this task. Here we use very easy steps to do keyword research using Google Adwords Keywords Planner Tool.
Firstly we need a Google Adwords account with a running campaign. If wi don’t run any campaign then google does not provide all the features of keyword planner. for example, it does not show graphical statement or results. It does not show complete search results, it shows results only in round figures like 10, 100, 1K, 10K, 100K etc.
- Create a pool of approx 500 keywords (any random set of keywords related to your LOB)
- Go to google.com/adwords
- Sign in using your Gmail ID
- Once signed in, from the navigation bar, select TOOLS.
From the drop-down menu, select ‘Keyword Planner’
- Once in the keyword planner window, enter the first keyword from the list of 500 keywords. Where? – click on ‘Search for keywords, using a website, phrase or category’
- Select the targeting location as per your TG
- Click on Get Ideas
- Once on the Keyword Planner interface, you will notice 2 tabs- ‘Ad group ideas’ and ‘Keyword Ideas’. Make sure you select keyword ideas.
- Locate the Average monthly searches, just below the graph. Copy that and paste on your excel spreadsheet.
- Do this for all 500 keywords.
- Eliminate the keywords with 0 monthly searches.
- Create 2 new categories – High Searched keywords and Low searched keywords.
- Take an average of the original pool. To do this, take the sum of all the monthly searches and divide it by the number of keywords.
- All the keywords having monthly searches above the average figure are high searched keywords and vice versa
- Create 2 new categories- High Competition keywords and Low Competition Keywords
- Calculate competition on High searched keywords. To do this, search google for every high searched keyword. The no. of results on Google search engine denotes competition
- Segregate high and low competition keywords using the same technique as we followed to segregate high and low searched keywords
- The best keywords are high searched and low competition. In the exercise, they are your Low Competition Keywords.
- Go to google.com/trends.
Keyword Planner – Steps under keyword research process with Google Adwords Keyword Planner
- The only basis for rejection for a keyword is if the graph has a downloading slope.